Monday, March 25, 2013

Response to today's critique for the Propaganda Project 

I think that today's critique went well. I received a lot of good constructive criticism that I really want to implement in the near future. I think I relied too heavily on prior knowledge of the audience regarding the Illuminati and New World Order and Free Masons. I am afraid that I might have been just a tad too subtle in my attempt and could use some of the suggestions to make it clearer and educate the audience.

For the first piece (the rebellious fraction, the dissenting view with the Men In Funny Hats) I would like to add a subliminal watermark of an Illuminati eye symbol, up the opacity of the paper filter and I would like to put a link at the bottom with web address to a Blog/Tumblr site where I could post information about the Illuminati and free masons and Shriners and new world order.

For the second piece (celebrating a governing system) I would like to curve the circus font and change the color to orange. I would also want to address the text at the bottom that the class said looked tacked on as an after thought. I also might add an illuminate eye. I'm not sure if I agree with the class in regards to it feeling too cluttered. I think that is the vibe that a circus gives me and I want to transfer that onto the poster for a circus.

All in all, I think critiques are great because you get a lot of different opinions and in my opinion you should take what you like and leave the rest. If you agree with a suggestion and so does the majority of the class then you should at least try to impalement it, but besides that stick with your vision and keep tweaking until it feels right to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment